Lovely Curry Soup
This recipe will teach you one of the benefits of an immersion blender. Immersion blenders are greet for soups. This recipe will require you to puree your carrots after they have cooked. But If you have an immersion blender you can puree the carrots right in the pot and avoid straining and using a food processor.
4 cups vegetable broth
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
14 ounces water
1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Get your broth boiling in a saucepan with a medium level of heat then combine in the carrots, ginger, curry powder, cinnamon, and cumin. Stir everything then set the set to low and let the soup gently boil for 22 mins. Stir the stir about 5 mins.
- Take out your carrots from the liquid and place them into a food processor and add some of the broth into the processor as well so that the container is about halfway full. Puree everything carefully and work in batches to get all the carrots pureed. You may want to strain everything into a 2nd pot to separate the carrots from the broth.
- Put the pureed carrots back into the broth and combine in the water and coconut milk. And get the soup gently boiling again. Once the mix is simmering add in the cilantro and stir everything. Shut the heat and let the soup cool for about 15 mins. Enjoy.
Coconut Toffee Trifle
1 (15.25 ounce) package carrot cake mix
1 cup water 2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups milk
1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip(R)), thawed
1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup toffee baking bits (such as Heath(R))
- Coat a casserole dish nonstick spray then set your oven to 350 degrees before doing anything else. Get a bowl, combine: eggs, cake mix, veggie oil, and water.
- With a mixer combine the mix into a batter. Then pour the mix into the casserole dish.
- Cook the cake in the oven for 35 mins. Let the cake sit for 13 mins. Leave the oven on as the cake cools.
- Get a 2nd bowl, combine: pudding mix and milk.
- Combine in the cream cheese and work everything until it is smooth.
- Get a cookie sheet and layer your coconut and almond onto it then toast them in the oven for 7 mins. At this point the nut should be aromatic.
- Now begin to carefully slice your cake into cubes. Place one layer of cubes into a trifle dish then top the cake with the pudding mix about the same height as the layer cake then top the layer with some almonds, toffee, and coconut.
- Continue layering in this manner until all the ingredients have been used up.
Mariam’s October Cupcakes
2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup finely grated carrots
- Coat 12 sections of a muffin tin with nonstick spray or oil then set your oven to 300 dgrees before doing anything else.
- Get a bowl and place your butter and sugar in it. With a mixer work the butter until it is creamy then beat in your eggs one by one.
- Combine in the vanilla extract and beat the vanilla into the mix evenly.
- Get a 2nd bowl, combine: salt, flour, baking soda, walnuts, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add about one third of the dry mix to the butter mix then combine in the half of your milk and combine everything evenly.
- Then add in the rest of the dry mix to the wet mix, stir everything, then add in the rest of the milk.
- Once everything is combined nicely add in the carrots and work them into the batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin sections evenly then cook everything in the oven for 16 mins.
Roasted Carrot Coins
4 carrots, washed, peeled into thin strips
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Set your oven to 350 degrees before doing anything else.
- Get a bowl for your carrots then add in your olive oil and stir everything to evenly coat the carrots.
- Add your salt and combine everything again to get the carrots coated once more.
- Lay out your carrots evenly between two cookie sheets and position the racks in your oven in the following manner. P
- lace one oven rack in the highest position in oven and place another rack in the lowest position.
- Now lay one sheet of sheets on the upmost rack and place the other sheet of carrots on the lowest rack.
- Cook the carrots for about 7 mins then swap the racks and cook them for 7 more mins.
Alternative Carrot Gratin
12 carrots, peeled and sliced
1/3 cup butter
1 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour salt to taste
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups cubed Cheddar cheese, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Coat a baking dish with oil then set your oven to 350 degrees before doing anything else.
- Get your carrots boiling in salt water.
- Once the carrots are boiling set the heat to low, and let them cook for 5 mins.
- Remove all the liquid and place the carrots in a bowl.
- Get a pot hot 1/3 cup of butter with a low level of heat, then begin to stir fry your garlic and onion in the butter for 7 mins.
- Add in some salt and stir everything. Then mix in your flour until evenly is smooth.
- Continue to stir fry everything for about 7 more mins and everything is pasty.
- Turn up a heat a bit to a medium level and slowly add in your milk and let the milk cook with the flour mix for 7 mins until it is thick.
- Stir in your cheddar gradually waiting for the cheese to melt before adding in more. Continue adding cheese in this manner for about 12 mins until all the cheese has been melted and combined nicely into a sauce.
- Combine in: 1/2 tsp salt, mustard powder, celery seed, and white pepper and let the mix cook for 2 more mins. Then shut the heat. Combine your carrots with this sauce then pour everything into the baking dish.
- Get a small bowl and combine 2 tbsps of melted butter with the bread crumbs then garnish the carrots with the crumbly mix evenly. For about 27 mins cook everything in the oven.